Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pure Evil

I never saw pure evil until it was staring me in the face. I didn't really think it was possible. But now I know that it is. Now I know that there are just some people who are so bitter and unstable that they will sink to unimaginable depths of depravity to try to prove a point, when the only thing they prove is that they are sinister people whose lives are worth not really quite as much as they think they are. They will frighten, attack, lie, cheat, and steal, to make the people around them miserable, just because they can. Just because they themselves are so miserable that they can't stand another person's happiness.

But you know the really sad part about it is, I look at this woman, and I say, there was a little girl there once. She played outside in the summer. She liked flowers and butterflies. She felt safe. She felt happy. Now she has nothing. Because her life isn't what she wanted it to be. She feels insecure. There is nobody to protect her. And she has no friends, because she is so rotten and mean.

So ultimately, I feel bad for her. I feel bad for a person who has to debase herself to a degree which I never really thought possible, just to gain a sense of power, which she doesn't really have, never will have, and never had to begin with. It's kind of pathetic. And she thinks she's got me. But I don't feel like I lose. I feel like I win.

*note on grammar: I have decided to use "which" where I would normally use "that" for artistic reasons. i.e. it sounds better. I claim poetic license.

No comments: