Sunday, August 31, 2008

The end of an Era

It's my last night on D Street. Ah, so sad. Wait, I'm not sad at all. Except I will miss this room. It really is quite a cute little space. And it's the perfect size, the perfect sunniness. The perfect writing place. But alas. It does not have a perfect landowner. Can I blame her? I am not a perfect person. I try, but it's not happening. So I'm working on other things.

Like packing. I think it's going pretty well. I'll do it tomorrow morning.

I just want to say that I actually appreciate Nancy a lot. I think she's done a lot for me, and I will always be grateful. I have never before had the opportunity to confront pure evil. Plus, she has provided me with endless sources of amusement. And if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then she has paid some very enormous compliments. So for that, I am thankful.

And also for the fact that she is, or has been, out of spite, doing exactly the things I had politely requested her to do before, and which she didn't do, for whatever reason. Things like turning the TV down at night, and leaving her gross nasty food out of my side of the fridge, and staying out of my room. It's like she is just so completely angry at me that she'll do whatever I say. It's amazing. I feel almost powerful. But I'll try not to let it go to my head. I just hope she gives me my space when I'm moving out tomorrow.

No comments: