Monday, August 25, 2008

Dream Interpretation

Okay, I have a new theory about the meaning of my dream. Maybe it wasn't a doomsday prophecy after all, hey? What if I was literally dreaming about how my body was being invaded by foreign particles, and maybe the "aliens" and the little "chips" were just this stupid bug that kept me up all night puking last night. Yeah, it was gross. And I never puke. I can't even make myself do it if I try. So for that to happen, there has to be something really very wrong.

But what's funny is that my yoga teacher was dead on. At the end of class, she warned me that, because of some of the movements we had done, I might experience "stuff" coming out of me. She indicated the abdominal area. Of course, she meant emotional "stuff." How could she have known I was sick? But on my way home, my stomach was feeling less and less good. I couldn't really eat dinner. I had a piece of cheese.

And I thought, maybe this sickness is just messing with my head. There are forms of the flu that can make people quasi-schizophrenic. So I decided that my doomsday prophecies were all a part of this whatever it was. Maybe the world wasn't going to be attacked, maybe it was just me. I put a bag beside my bed, just in case. And sure enough, eventually, a whole bunch of "stuff" came out of me.

In the morning, I couldn't even stand up with out feeling woozy. And so I had my first sick day in a long time. I don't remember the last time I was really physically ill. It doesn't happen that often. Like maybe once every few years. But I think I was due for an illness. Feels good to get it out of my system.

I pampered myself and slept all day. I took a bath with my "bring it on" bath salts. Although I don't really know how much I want to tempt fate. But I just had some chicken soup. It feels okay. I think I'll probably be fine tomorrow. Oh, but my head hurts. 8 p.m. It's bed time.

No comments: