Monday, August 25, 2008

Change of light

On my way to yoga class last night, I noticed the sunlight. Something about the angle said "fall." It was the timing, the color, the particular direction it was coming from. I looked at the trees and half expected the leaves to be changing color. They weren't. But it still felt like fall all of a sudden. Like every day up until that point felt like summer, but now the crucial point had switched. And we are in Fall mode. I wasn't the only one who noticed it, either. But I thought to myself, this is the first year where I am going to have to gauge the seasons entirely on the timing of the sunlight. I am going to have to be like a plant. Because I am not going to have drastic weather changes to cue me in. And I thought, this is interesting. San Francisco is a very interesting place.

No comments: