Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wetter

You might have thought it funny if you saw me packing long pants and sweaters, going to the South of France. And to be sure, it has been heavy lugging those things around. They don't call it 'luggage' for nothing. But you can be sure I am glad I have them now that I am in Germany, where, for the last several weeks, it has been cold and rainy.

My German quasi-Uncle informs me today that we are having "Shit weather." Das Scheisse Wetter. But I am going out in a skirt and purple tights anyway, with heels. I feel like dressing up to go shopping in the city.

When I was showing them pictures from France, my German Aunt asked me, "And why do you want to come to Germany?" I come here for the people, I said. And it was true.

And luckily, I like to come prepared for any eventuality, even if it means I have to lug an enormous suitcase. I am like a Boy Scout, I guess. Always prepared. Next time, though, I will try to come prepared with fewer things.

No comments: