Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cow Paper

I had no idea I could really make this toilet paper theme continue, but on it goes.

My German "Aunt" (she's not really my aunt, but she's about the same age), had read an earlier post about toilet paper. She thought it was very funny, and was also a little bit confused. But I showed her the sample of my purple toilet paper that I brought with me. Then yesterday, as we arrived at my German grandfather's place (again, not really so related, but distantly. I will call him "Opa"), she pointed to these hay bails covered in white plastic. "Look. It is like toilet paper for the cows," She said.




And then, wonder of wonders, I saw something which I have never seen. At my German grandparent's house, they had, in their bathroom, not just colored toilet paper, but white paper printed in blue with little whales and shapely waves. I stared in awe. Two-toned paper. I did not think it was possible. But there it was. It didn't seem to be scented. I think it was plain. But I was still amazed.

1 comment:

Tina said...

You know, those two-toned ones usually come with embossing and scent as well. At least, that's what we had as kids. :)

And the hay bales are called silage. It's essentially encased in the plastic to become rotten grass. They start to smell like vomit after a while. Lovely, right? The cows really like it.