Monday, February 4, 2008

Outer Sunset

So I am officially still couch-surfing. Not in the online sense, but with real people - as in people that I’ve met before who I feel I can trust. It’s a good thing. Not as good as having an apartment, but still good. I am now camping out in the Outer Sunset, staying with Char and Russ and their cat. Outer Sunset. I like that as a place name. There is also Inner Sunset, of course. And the area refers to the part of San Francisco that faces the Sunset - where I took my long walk to the Pacific and put my toes finally in the water. I will have to go back there again. But it makes the sunset sound like an object, like a peach, or a person, or a building. The Inner and the Outer. What’s inside the sunset anyway? What if you could open it and find the strings that hold it together and the little machines that make the color? Yes, I am getting very tired. I am making up my own fantastical bedtime stories as my mind gradually wanders in and out of a partial dream state. But I just wanted to write something before I go to bed. Good night.

No comments: