Thursday, November 15, 2007

Time

So I was able to speak with the artist who was looking for a manager, and we had a pretty good conversation. But when it came down to it, I decided I should really be looking for something full time, rather than dividing myself between multiple small jobs. That's my usual MO, and recently it sort of backfired and turned into a scheduling nightmare.

Right now, I think the theme of my life is focus, and right up there with it would be stress minimization. I'll probably be working on that for the rest of my life. But anyway.

And along the lines of stress minimization, I think I have decided to take my moving plans as slow as they need to go. I don't want to force it, and I don't want to rush it, because moving myself across country is going to be stressful, no matter what. Throw into that mix that I am still recovering from little head trauma, which means I get stressed out that much more easily. So it is just a matter of not overdoing things.

And speaking of overdoing things, living with my family is pretty stressful. I mean, I love my grandparents, and they love me, but it's their house and not mine. Meanwhile, I feel like I need some personal space, which is frustrating, and they probably feel like I'm intruding on theirs. I think it's cramping both our styles. I tell myself I'm doing this for the greater good - saving on rent so I can move. Hopefully that is true. And anyway, they leave for Florida soon, so then I will be staying there on my own, which I've done a couple of times in the past. Still, I think I would be more comfortable in my own space. In the interests of Thanksgiving, I'll have to say that at least I'm grateful that I have such a supportive family. Or at least I try to be grateful. Mostly I just feel lazy. Sigh.

Getting through it. We're getting through it.

No comments: