Saturday, September 1, 2007

Geography

I'm generally pretty good at reading maps, but one thing I have trouble with sometimes is distances. I mean, you look at a map, and sometimes distances between things are greater than you think, and sometimes much less.

I'm sort of eyeing a job in Vallejo, but it's really hard to me to tell just how far that is from Oakland, if I were to perhaps be living in Oakland. Or maybe I could just move to Vallejo, although that is clearly pretty far from the city. I just don't have a car right now, and probably won't be buying one right away, so that makes things a little more complicated. Does anyone who's been there have an idea of what the distances are like?

I might go visit out there some time myself. It might be a good idea, but it depends on interviews in part, and other things. We'll see.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Vallejo is over a major bridge, which means a certain lack of flexibility in terms of commuting. When the bridge gets backed up, you don't have options.

TaylorM said...

Thanks for the tip!