Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Day of the Race!

Hi everyone.

Well, I’ve been so busy, what with a new (second) job, and with training for this race, that I’ve hardly found time to post. Well, not had time at all, I guess.

But I did the Samaritans 5K today, and it was great. The weather was beautiful, and I ran as hard as I could. I only wish I could have run harder. Not because I wanted to win. I just wanted to do it for my sister, because she deserves it.

Anyway, my family came out to see me. It was a very emotional day, but a good one, too. It was both saddening and inspiring to be among so many people whose lives have been touched by suicide. I think I will definitely do the race again next year, and my family is thinking of joining me as well.

Thanks to everyone who supported my run. Together, we raised just over $1,500 for the Samaritans, and that means a lot of people win because a lot of people are going to be helped by what the organization does.

Of course, next year, I’ll have to travel back from San Francisco, but I’ll do it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I'm a random stranger who also ran for Samaritans on Saturday, and I just wanted to cheer for you and say peace be with you. We had a gorgeous day for it!

Regards,

Delilah

Sweetpea said...

So glad it went well. I'm still so impressed with your ability to run and your dedication to an important cause. Good for you!

TaylorM said...

So it was, and thank you!