Saturday, January 12, 2008

In Dreams

I am now dreaming in hills. It's like dreaming in a different language. You know, I wake up with the sense of hills going up and down under my feet and cable cars and buses and buildings. It is all new and I am just learning how to speak the topographical existence. And I know this is obvious, but maybe the most fascinating part is that the hills don't change. Not that they should. The hills were here first, and then there was a city. You yourself, as an unfettered human being, are a little more unsteady on a hill, but the fact is, the hill ain't going nowhere. And so you go back to find the same thing on the same hill every time. Incredible. I don't know why I am so taken by this. Maybe it's because people aren't like that. The topography of a person can change so that you have to learn your way around all over again, just when you thought you knew where you were going. Or maybe that's just certain people. I don't know.

No comments: